Thursday, May 21, 2009

There is nothing here.

There is a fine line between funny, and inappropriate. I may need supervision.

You probably want to learn a little about me, so here we go.

I tend to get very focused on things, and right now, my focus is on training for triathlons; Namely, the Nation's Tri in Washington DC as a member of Team in Training, and the 70.3 Half Iron-man in Augusta, GA. I completed my first Olympic distance triathlon a few weeks back in Miami Florida.

Tri-Miami Triathlon - Here is the deal. I was placed 30th out of 31 in my age group. The other guy DNF (Did not finish) or got DQ (disqualified) or SFT (some f-ing thing). That was highly motivating for me, not de-motivating like some would think. More motivating than that, is the pictures from the race.
My results are as follows:
Total Time: 3:37:59.532 Swim Time: 41:58 T1 Time: 5:27 Bike Time: 1:28:45 T2 Time: 2:27 Run Time: 1:19:22
Overall Place: 208 out of 254
Gender Place: 149 out of 162
Category Place: 30 out of 31
My pictures are at the following location (Warning, these may be NSFW depending on your office definition of safe pictures, and your ability not to say, "Oh my GOD" and then have everyone over in your cube looking at my mooseknuckle and laughing at the 4 pictures of me dancing out of the swim leg. - Sheesh.):
http://www.eventpictures.com/app/cobrand/event/searchPicture?cobrandAccountId=1480&eventInstanceId=16786&searchType=2&curPage=1&searchWordCaption=0149

Anyway, these are motivation for me to lose another 40-60 pounds and get really friggin good at this. By the way, just so you don't freak out, losing 40 pounds for me would put me at just under 200lbs. If you will notice by my results, I ran 6 miles in 1 hour 20 minutes. I think there is my biggest potential improvement point at this time.

See how i get focused on one thing and don't move on! You are going to have to wait to find out more.

No comments: